Top up is broken

Not sure what the problem is but the submit-button for the CC details pop-up remains grayed out once the details are filled and I cannot proceed in topping up the account balance.

Seems that the main page is now redirecting to https://www.communick.com/login/?next=/ - I guess the site is down for maintenance?

Hello @igufi. Thanks so much for getting in touch and welcome to Communick!

The “www” url should be pointing again to the main website. Let me know if you still see something else.

Regarding the payment issue: you are selecting “Credit/Debit card via Stripe” and selecting the amount, but you the “Submit Credit Card Payment” button is not enabled even after providing all the required info - Name, CC Number, Verification code and Postal code?

I could not reproduce this, but I will try a few more things to see what can be wrong. Can you let me know are you using, and if you are using any kind of javascript blocker?

Feel free to respond here or on the support channel from matrix #support:communick.com, if you already set up the client.

I am having the same problem. It’s greyed out. I’m using chrome on Android, so no blockers.

Hi, Sparkle. Thanks for getting in touch.

To be able to click on the “make payment” button, you need first to select for the payment method (Stripe or crypto via Hub20)

On desktop, the cursor changes when you hover the Stripe/Hub20 cards, but now that you mentioned that you are on mobile, it made me realize that the UI is not clear enough.

Please do sign in again, and if you make any deposit and I will extend your trial period.